Taking CELTA is your ticket to the English teaching world, both internationally and in the UK. Whether you are looking for short-term teaching opportunities or making a permanent career change, the CELTA qualification is now required by the majority of reputable colleges and training centres.
Previous CELTA graduates have gone on to work in numerous fields, including language teaching in the UK or overseas, student services, sales and marketing, academic management, examining, materials design and teacher training. If you have a passion for English language teaching and are keen to develop your skills, the opportunities in the field are endless.
Free Taster Evenings
If you’re undecided and want to know more, why not come along to one of our free taster evenings? You will learn about teaching opportunities overseas, the CELTA course and get a sense of what a typical day on the course is like.
We have one more taster evening scheduled for 2018: Wednesday 31st October 18.00-21.00. If you’d like to come, just drop us an email on email@example.com
Our 2019 taster evenings are scheduled for Wednesday 23rd January, Wednesday 24th April, Wednesday 24th July and Wednesday 20th November, all 18.00-21.00.
Weekend Grammar Workshops
Our weekend grammar workshops are designed for trainees about to take the CELTA, or for those who have recently qualified. If you want to brush up on your knowledge of English grammar, please look at the poster and get in touch with us for more information and to book a place.
During the CELTA course at Basil Paterson, we offer a session dedicated to job hunting and employment opportunities. We work closely with a number of small and large organisations who hire CELTA graduates, so can put you in touch with recruiters. You will also hear inspirational stories from our trainers, who have taught and trained all over the world, giving you a better idea of where the CELTA can lead.
Websites for use in job searches
- To work in the UK, The Guardian is a good place to start
- tefl.com has numerous vacancies in the UK and overseas
- Dave’s ESL cafe is a popular site for international teaching positions
- British Council offers roles in the UK or abroad
- More locally, Satefl.co.uk is a good site for teaching opportunities and resources for continuous professional development
- For university roles and info, try jobs.ac.uk
- Find examining and invigilation opportunities with IELTS or Cambridge
- Finally, there are always publishers! Macmillan, Pearson, Cengage, to name but a few
- And don’t forget IATEFL
Course fees include:
- All course materials and self-study resources
- IT facilities and WiFi access
- Individual report at the end of your course
- Support from dedicated tutors
- Assurance that course meets Cambridge standards
“I hoped the CELTA course would enable me to be a better teacher and find more fulfilling employment. Completing the course allowed me to achieve both goals. It helped me build on my existing knowledge of teaching techniques and gave me confidence going forward. I’m glad I made the investment in this course.” (Jonathan, May 2016)