Intensive English Language Courses
The Edinburgh School of English course taught by Basil Paterson College
Basil Paterson has a long tradition of academic excellence. With over fifty years of experience in English language teaching we remain dedicated to empowering each student in their future English communication.
We provide a unique academic environment, where you study under the same roof as native speakers studying for UK examinations or taking the Cambridge CELTA course.
You receive a high level of support from dedicated and qualified teachers who encourage your progression. The focus is on learning both inside and outside the classroom and lessons are complemented by our varied social and cultural programme.
As the largest open exam centre in Scotland for IELTS and Cambridge Assessment English, we are best placed to guide you through your exam preparation courses. Studying at Basil Paterson means you have classes and take your exam in the same building.
At Basil Paterson College, students can focus on English language tuition or something more specific such as IELTS or Cambridge Assessment English exam preparation. You also have the choice of full-time or part-time study to fit around your other commitments.
Additionally, we also offer bespoke group packages where we create tailored language programmes for students based around their interests. For more information on what we can offer, please do get in touch.
Course fees include:
- Study materials during the course
- Certificate & individual report
- Self-study resources
- IT facilities and WiFi
- Tutor support at lunchtime
- At least two free social programme activities per week
What can you achieve by studying at Basil Paterson?
- Improve your confidence and accuracy when communicating in English
- Enhance your study skills to focus on your goals
- Feel more assured and prepared for your exam
- Learn about other cultures as you study with classmates from all over the world
- Become more motivated through intensive adult courses which challenge you as a learner.