The course is designed to develop knowledge, skills and confidence through intensive programmes to ensure maximum progress and results.
The combination of language skills lessons and communication skills workshops in the Octorial Programme enables students to develop their confidence, skills and fluency.
What you achieve
- Fluency and listening skills to communicate with both native speakers and international colleagues.
- Accurate English when speaking and writing by enhancing grammar and vocabulary knowledge.
- Formal and informal language for a range of situations.
- Confidence in English which will help you succeed both personally and professionally.
- 15 hours of language skills lessons
- 15 hours of communications skills workshops
Language skills lessons for purpose-designed grammar exercises, interactive and dynamic oral practice sessions to encourage the expression of ideas and opinions, listening exercise using authentic texts and materials for the development of comprehension skills and writing tasks in a range of styles and registers.
The collaboration and project-management tasks of the communications skills workshops build fluency and confidence.
|08.45 – 9.00||Plenary Session|
|09.00 – 10.00||Spoken Performance Workshops|
|10.00 – 10.15||Break|
|10.15 – 11.15||Grammar, logic and rhetoric|
|11.15 – 11.30||Break|
|11.30 – 12.30||Comprehension, vocabulary and precis|
|12.30 – 13.00||Team Project|
|13.00 – 14.00||Lunch|
|14.00 – 15.00||Composition and text analysis|
|15.00 – 15.15||Break|
|15.15 – 16.15||Mentored Dissertation|
|16.15 – 16.30||Plenary Session: consolidation|