To help your important exam day go as smoothly as possible:
Exam day checklist
- Ensure you know where the exam takes place (check online or give us a call)
- Arrive about 1 hour before the exam to register. Photos will be taken for both IELTS and Cambridge; electronic fingerprint scans will be taken for IELTS only. Registration can take approximately one hour.
- Bring identification documents (passport or ID card) that you submitted to the exam office. You will not be able to take the exam without this.
- Bring pens, pencils, sharpener and rubber.
- Bring a clear (no label) water bottle.
- Switch off your mobile phone, leave bag/coat and remove watch. These will be stored securely for the duration of your exam.
- IELTS exams are written over one full day and can finish as late as 5.30pm. Cambridge English is usually a two-day event. Please plan accordingly and do not book your return travel tickets too early.
- Our historic central Edinburgh premises are accessed by stairs from street level. If you require any form of special assistance to access our building in Edinburgh (e.g. a wheelchair ramp), please contact us at least one week before your exam for this to be arranged.
Feel free to give us a call or drop us an email for some advice on how best to prepare for your exam. We run exam courses throughout the year and are best placed to prepare you for the big day.